|Joomla 3 Logo|
In this post i will show you how to install Joomla 3.0.1 in Xampp on your localhost. Joomla 3.0.1 is released on October 9 as a Security Release. Joomla 3.0.0 has some Priority Issues, so they released 3.0.1 immediately. If you are about to upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 you may have to install Joomla hot patch.
Joomla 3 has got so many new features, they have made a full body design change. This is somewhat like changing whole house design with no time. This is very attractive, i liked it so much anyway. It may have some security issues, and i am not worried about it because i know they will release security update even within 24 hours most of the time. I am really surprised by seeing their new, attractive and simple installation design, but including so many features.
Lemme tell you something?
If you are a true lover Of Simple and attractive design, you will definitely love this release. They have changed design from top to bottom and from one side to other side. They have included some tools for Developers. Tools like J query& mootools ready developers will be having a fun time.
Here i will show you how to Install Joomla 3.0.1 in Local Host.
How to install ?
As i already said, don't get surprised by seeing there Installation...
# Step 1 :
First install Xampp on your system. If you don't have Xampp, please download it from Below links.
You get different files of Xampp :
After You install Xampp, Open Xampp Control Panel and Start Apache and MySql
Then Download Joomla 3.0.1 Release from Here,
You will get a Zip file downloaded.
Extract that Zip File and rename the extracted Folder as 'J3'
Then copy that Folder J3 and paste inside C:/xampp/htdocs/
|J3 Folder Copied Inside Htdocs|
# Step 2 :
Now you are starting to install Joomla 3, after you copy paste the folder into htdocs.
Go-to Link in a browser : http://127.0.0.1/j3/
it will get redirected to : http://127.0.0.1/j3/installation/index.php
Bravo! you are inside the Joomla Installation Setup.
There Please check carefully the below points. :
- Select the language (Recommended : English (US))
- Enter The Site Name ( Site Title )
- Enter Something About Your Site ( Description matters in SEO )
- Enter Any of your Email Id
- Enter The Username of Joomla Administrator
- Enter Password For the Joomla Admin
- Put Site Offline Status to "Yes" If you are doing installation Online, otherwise it doesn't matter much, because you have the only access to your local host
- If you done all these Correct, please click next on the top right corner.
Note : You can make site offline yes/no if you select yes, later you can change from Global Configuration
# Step 3 :
After Clicking Next, You are navigated to Database Configuration. Please follow the below points clearly before installing the second step that is Database Configuration.
- Select The Database Type : Probably it will be MySQL (If you are using Xampp)
- Type in Host name as : Localhost
- Write Username as : root
- Leave the password field blank
- The database name is important, if you didnt created any database for Joomla 3 please create a new database in PHPMyAdmin. And enter the name of new database created, i created one database as "test" so i put as 'test'.
- Enter any table prefix you wish to create that is your choice.
and click on the next button. If you have any doubts please see the pic below, this is how i installed
Now you move on to the Overview step. There you just click install and done.
# Step 4 :
You are done with installation, and now it is the time for deleting the installation folder, they will ask at the end of the installation. You just have to click Remove Installation Folder.
After Completing it go to http://127.0.0.1/j3/ to see your home page, and http://127.0.0.1/j3/administrator/ for the administrator login page, sign in with your admin username and password, Get into the Control Panel and have fun there.
Take a look at this too, How to install template in Joomla 3
hope you liked this tutorial, if you have any doubts please comment below.